- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 red capsicum, cut into slices
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 50g crumbled feta or torn mozzarella
- 2 small eggs
- Coriander & 800g McCain Crispers to serve
- Deep fry McCain Crispers as instructed and drain.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet pan and fry off onion, garlic, capsicum and spices until softened.
- Add crushed tomatoes, reduce heat and warm through.
- Make two wells in the tomato mixture, and break eggs into these, allow to poach, finishing quickly under a grill or salamander.
- Remove from the heat, add feta and fresh coriander and serve warm with loads of McCain Crispers for dipping.
TIP: Double up the recipe into a larger skillet for
a great share brunch dish.