- 100 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 red capsicums, cut into strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into batons
- 1 cob corn, kernels removed
- 2 large Portobello mushroom, thickly sliced
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 serves McCain Sweet Potato Wedges
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Guacamole, to serve
- Coriander, to serve
- Lime Cheeks, to serve
- Chipotle aquafaba mayo (Makes about 250ml)
- 15–20g chopped chipotle in adobo sauce, to taste
- 10g cooked chickpeas
- 10g Dijon mustard
- 1/2 small clove garlic, crushed
- 50ml aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 10ml lemon juice
- 180ml mild olive oil
- To make the chipotle aquafaba mayo, blitz the chipotle, chickpeas, mustard, garlic, aquafaba and juice in a high speed blender or with an immersion blender until smooth. Add oil gradually until a creamy emulsion forms. Season to taste. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan-forced. Place the vegetable (except for the sweet potato wedges) on a large lined baking tray, toss with a little olive oil, sprinkle with the taco seasoning , toss again and spread in a single layer. Roast for 15–20 minutes or until the vegetables are well browned around the edges and just tender.
- Preheat the frying oil to 175°C. Deep fry the wedges from frozen. Cook 1/3 basket (approx. 700g) of product for 31/4 – 33/4 minutes. Shake to remove excess oil. When using smaller amounts reduce cooking time. Do not overcook.
- Top the tortillas with roasted veg, sweet potato wedges, guacamole and a drizzle of chipotle aquafaba mayo. Scatter with coriander. Serve the remaining wedges with a small pot of the mayo on the side.
TIP: For flexitarians/non-vegans add Mexican shredded pork, grilled chorizo or spicy beef chilli ragu.