- 100g soba noodles, cooked and cooled
- 100g podded edamame, cooked
- 35g seasoned wakame seaweed salad
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 serves McCain Sweet Potato Wedges
- 200g smoked tofu, sliced
- Oil, for cooking
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 6 baby cucumbers, halved lengthways
- Pickled ginger, to serve
- Roasted black sesame seeds, to serve
- Black sesame dressing (Makes about 250ml)
- 50g roasted black sesame seeds
- 50g white sesame seeds, toasted
- 15g brown sugar
- 40ml rice vinegar
- 20ml tamari
- 10ml sesame oil
- 100g egg-free mayonnaise
- For the black sesame dressing, pound the seeds in a mortar with a pestle until crushed. Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Toss the noodles, edamame and seaweed together, season and set aside.
- Preheat the frying oil to 175°C. Deep fry the wedges from frozen. Cook 1/3 basket (approx. 700g) of product for 3 1/4 – 3 3/4 minutes. Shake to remove excess oil. When using smaller amounts reduce cooking time. Do not overcook.
- Heat a chargrill or chargrill pan over high heat. Toss the tofu in a little oil and chargrill until well-marked.
- Arrange the wedges, noodle salad, avocado, tofu and cucumber in serving bowls. Top with ginger, drizzle with dressing and scatter with seeds.
TIP: For flexitarians/non-vegans add soy-marinated grilled salmon or shredded teriyaki chicken.
TIP: Keep it simple and leave out the black sesame dressing – drizzle with Vegan kewpie mayo as an alternative.